Frequently Asked Questions

I have registered my child for encampment but have not heard anything back. Should I be worried?

Upon completing the registration form for the Ohio Wing Encampment, you should receive a copy of your completed form via e-mail. This serves as confirmation that your application was received. You still must submit all paperwork and payment before the deadline to complete your child's registration. Those applications with incomplete payment or paperwork may be subject to wait listing after the deadline depending upon volume of applications. Any questions can be addressed to the Admin officer through the Contact Us page. 

I have submitted the registration form. What else do I need to do to complete my cadet's application?

The Registration Tab has an easy step by step list of all required tasks. In general, the 3 items required for a complete application are the registration form, the paperwork package (CAPF 31, CAPF 160, insurance card, and immunization record), and complete payment. Instructions for all can be found under that tab. 

How can I obtain financial aid for my child? 

Financial aid for Encampment is available via the Cadet Encampment Assistance Program (CEAP). The details on this program can be found on the National Website. Interested applicants should apply using E-Services. If a student is denied CEAP we encourage you to contact us at


Where can I get the required packing list supplies? 

They can be found here.

Is there anyway to contact my child throughout the week of encampment? 

There is no way for you to contact your child during encampment. If there is a family emergency please contact us at or by the duty phone number listed in the Pre-Encampment Guide. If your child has an emergency while at encampment, we will contact you through the emergency contacts listed on your child's health forms. 


When is graduation? What does it entail? 

Graduation will take place at noon on the last day of encampment. The graduation parade will occur at Wright State University, and those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs as there is no available seating. Please see the Pre-Encampment Guide under the Resources tab to find the address and more instructions. 

What should I do if I find out my child can no longer attend Encampment?

Cadets who are unable to attend the Ohio Wing Encampment for any reason must submit a withdrawal request in writing to the administrative officer. This withdrawal request must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the Encampment in order to receive a full refund. Any withdrawals that occur within 2 weeks of the start of Encampment will not receive a refund, except in extreme cases. If one believes they are deserving of a refund, an explanation must be submitted in writing to the Encampment commander within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the Ohio Wing Encampment. The Encampment Commander has final say in determining refunds.

What happens if I accidentally double pay by submitting PayPal/Check payment before applying for and receiving CEAP funds?

If a cadet pays for the Ohio Wing Encampment via PayPal or check and subsequently applies for and receives Cadet Encampment Assistance Program (CEAP) funds, they should expect to be contacted concerning refunding their double payment within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the Encampment. If a cadet has not heard from the Encampment staff in that time, they should contact the administrative officer.